22LR pistol for suppressor

MThuntr

I have a couple 22LR rated suppressors in timeout as part of the buy-one get-one deal. One is getting put on my 10/22 but I'm looking for a pistol to put one on too. I was thinking a Ruger Mark IV but dang they nearly doubled in price over the last couple years so curious about alternatives. Thoughts?

I have one on a Walther P-22.
Not very impressed with the thing. It's certainly not "James Bond quiet" like I was anticipating.

https://www.aguilaammo.com/products/22-sniper-subsonic-long-rifle-subsonic-lead-solid-point

Check these out for subs. The heavier bullet helps ensure you have enough backpressure to reliably function in a semi auto. My Mark I target runs like a champ with them.

I have a couple 22LR rated suppressors in timeout as part of the buy-one get-one deal. One is getting put on my 10/22 but I'm looking for a pistol to put one on too. I was thinking a Ruger Mark IV but dang they nearly doubled in price over the last couple years so curious about alternatives. Thoughts?

Browning Buckmark. I put a threaded Tactical Solutions barrel on mine, it's shoots awesome, can't wait to get a suppressor.

My Taurus TX 22 has been a great shooting pistol at a great price. Comes with a threaded barrel and has worked flawlessly, even with less expensive ammo. If you are trying to keep the price reasonable, this pistol would be on my list.

Yes it does. No crack after the shot. Your action is going to be louder than the shot.

I bought subsonic ammo and that's what I use with it. Yes, it's quieter than standard ammo, but the overall performance of the suppressor is still rather unimpressive.
Not nearly as quiet as advertised, won't buy another.

I bought subsonic ammo and that's what I use with it. Yes, it's quieter than standard ammo, but the overall performance of the suppressor is still rather unimpressive.

Maybe you have it on backwards...

I've heard mice fart louder than my suppressed subsonic .22lr

Sig P322 is a solid option at a pretty agressive price. I am partial, but I have quite litteraly sold thousands of them over the past 8 months.

I have a Mark IV and if you shoot subsonic, it’s certainly quiet. I slapped a cheap red dot on mine and take it hiking in fall to plink mountain grouse with. I’ve been very pleased.

Attachments

• 07D6AF1A-728D-4B18-BD0D-62B7411CC3D2.png
    07D6AF1A-728D-4B18-BD0D-62B7411CC3D2.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 7
Back