Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

221 archery mule deer Nv

CWeeks

Just found out I drew, bad part is I probably can't help my buddy hunt elk in Unit 1 of Az now unless I can get one down within a week. Really appeciate any help with the area or just hunting deer in that kind of terrain. Thanks, Clark

Congrats. That is a good tag. I shot an elk there and was very impressed with the deer quality I saw. Good luck.

We hunted that area in 2009 with a rifle. We hunted just outside of Ely. We saw over 300 deer in 5 days of hunting but nothing more than a few forkies. Get off the beaten path and you'll find the deer. Also, we found a few really cool blinds that people had already built around water holes. Good luck with your hunt. I drew area 151 with my brother in law. This is going to be a new area for me.

Any thoughts on how huntable the area is DIY, any thoughts appreciated.

Great area for DIY with lots of good roads and plenty of open areas to glass. Some of the terrain can be a little challenging with all the juniper, but you'll see plenty of deer. As long as your not to picky, you should fill your tag quickly. Another cool thing with this area is the elk. Sometimes you find yourself face to face with a huge Nevada bull. You never know what you'll run into. Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks Antcap, research is not showing it to be as desired as some of the other units in Nevada, guess that's why I'm getting the tag. Having some reservations on having burned 9 nonres pts on it and if I should keep the tag or turn it in. Don't want to sound too picky, but really want to make the most of those points($). Thanks for any and all advise on this area and hunt.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back