Caribou Gear

??? 22 ammo ???

fishing4sanity

I had to laugh ................. and cry at the same time when I saw this. Not sure how it is in your part of the world, but around here finding 22 lr ammo is about like spotting Sasquatch. When you do find it, the price is like :eek: Remember when you could walk into any sports store or even hardware store and buy a brick with a $10 bill?

Attachments

• 22ammo.jpg
    22ammo.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 457
Hit and miss around here. Went to Cabelas and found lots one day ,bought 500 rounddsof Mini Mags I went back n a few days and nothing . Hard to believe they sold it all.
22 magnum is another matter,Nothing seen in over three months. Even thinking of selling my 22 mag rifles.

If its legal in your state, go online to ammoseek.com and search for 22 ammo, there is a number of shops with reasonably priced bricks and the freight usually isn't that hard to swallow.

Pretty rare around here. I haven't seen cci ammo in years All I can find is target rounds most the time.
The boy wants a cricket real bad but I don't think I could ever find ammo for it

I have seen more ammo available. However, I can't stomach paying the prices on it. I have seen some that equated to $1 per shell. Ridiculous.

I have a neighbor who works at Walmart and he tells me that the guy who is in charge of the sporting goods hides the .22 ammo when it comes in and then calls his friends and sells it to them.

That's why I bought a .17 HMR. My old model 60 sits in the back mudroom for stray cats and the occasional squirrel or rabbit, but I use as little ammo as possible with it. If I want to do real small game hunting I use the .17

1976 thanks for the ammoseek suggestion, they've got some, but I still have sticker shock whenever I do see 22 shells. I guess the days of 3 cents/shot plinking are gone. If I could turn back time, I'd go back and cash out my IRA/401K and just buy bricks of 22lr.

I havent seen it in wal mart for a long time. I was at a Field and Stream store here last week and they had lots of it on hand. Cabelas in Wheelings is hit and miss.

I have a neighbor who works at Walmart and he tells me that the guy who is in charge of the sporting goods hides the .22 ammo when it comes in and then calls his friends and sells it to them.

I heard the same thing. I didn't believe it until I came in to Wally World just after 7:00 am. A clerk in sporting goods was putting a cardboard box on the floor right up against the counter so you couldn't see it unless you leaned on the glass counter and looked over. I saw it was a CCI box. I asked to see the .22 ammo, he said "What .22 ammo".
I said, the one you tried to hide. He finally fessed-up and said his family wanted some. I guess they got it.....less the 3 boxes of 100 Mini mags. Not unusual I guess. There has to be a reason there's little .22LR to be had.

I heard the same thing. I didn't believe it until I came in to Wally World just after 7:00 am. A clerk in sporting goods was putting a cardboard box on the floor right up against the counter so you couldn't see it unless you leaned on the glass counter and looked over. I saw it was a CCI box. I asked to see the .22 ammo, he said "What .22 ammo".
I said, the one you tried to hide. He finally fessed-up and said his family wanted some. I guess they got it.....less the 3 boxes of 100 Mini mags that I bought. Not unusual I guess. There has to be a reason there's little .22LR to be had.

I have found it for .08-.09 cents on the internet. That to me is way too much but is probably the new norm.

Attachments

• dad-i-found-some-22-ammo-in-stock.jpg
    dad-i-found-some-22-ammo-in-stock.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 250
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back