215 MT Antelope Buck Draw

joelweb

Well, after changing my application strategy and building points since the great winter of 2011, I drew a MT 215 antelope buck tag. Anybody got experience with this unit? I'd greatly appreciate pointers someone might be willing to give through a PM about landowners receptive to public access and where to look. I think I'm one of just 5 with the tag. Feeling fortunate and want to make the most of it. Thanks in advance.

Trying once more. I've got a call into the biologist and will spend some time in the area soon, but would greatly appreciate any pointers to help shorten my learning curve. This isn't a tag you draw every year. thanks again

Antelope aren’t exactly ghosts.. I wish I could help for 215 but all my advice would be just general. May I ask, why did you apply for 215, for 11 years, if you don’t know that unit or what animals may lie therein?

Not sure how familiar you are with the unit but there are limited tags due to the relatively low amount of antelope in the unit. Any of the large BMAs or low lying public in the area could have a goat or two. Most consistently I see them in the ARCO land near fairmont. I think you’ll get it done, just low numbers. Not trying to be discouraging, I put in for the same tag because it’s close to home. I’d love to see a picture of the goat you put down in there!

Im Really not sure why there isn’t a better antelope population in the valley. The country seems pretty ideal, but they don’t even really seem to be thick on private from what I’ve seen.

Antelope aren’t exactly ghosts.. I wish I could help for 215 but all my advice would be just general. May I ask, why did you apply for 215, for 11 years, if you don’t know that unit or what animals may lie therein?
No reason to scout before drawing when the tag numbers are low and the draw odds terrible. I drive through that country frequently, am somewhat familiar, and live nearby. Just haven’t hunted it and am trying to shorten my learning curve.

Not sure how familiar you are with the unit but there are limited tags due to the relatively low amount of antelope in the unit. Any of the large BMAs or low lying public in the area could have a goat or two. Most consistently I see them in the ARCO land near fairmont. I think you’ll get it done, just low numbers. Not trying to be discouraging, I put in for the same tag because it’s close to home. I’d love to see a picture of the goat you put down in there!

Im Really not sure why there isn’t a better antelope population in the valley. The country seems pretty ideal, but they don’t even really seem to be thick on private from what I’ve seen.
Thanks. I’ll get it done. Appreciate the thoughtful post.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back