Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

210 grn 30 cal Nosler LRAB

Triple BB

Here ya go. I got 8 boxes at Cabela's today. Sounded like supply's were pretty limited.

Good luck...

Got mine before season last year. Killed a bull and a deer with them. Me, I'm going back to the 200 grain Accubond. mtmuley

I had to try them. I've been killing critters with the regular Accubond since 2003. I have complete trust in them at any range. I found 200 190 gr ABLR bullets yesterday. Decided the extra throat erosion in my RUM wasn't worth the experiment. After some thought, I might go back to get them and try them in the old '06. mtmuley

I was tempted to grab some for something to do this winter since Cabelas has 20% off noslers with an additional 10% off gift card I got by mail. I haven't been hearing too many stellar reviews though so I just bought a few more boxes of 180 btips which is my personal fav. Triple BB you should post some feedback on them when you can.

Not sure if they are finicky with seating depth due to the ogive (even though they say they are tangent) and the reviewers are jumping them a country mile or what. I'm sure in another year or two enough will have been used to get a better idea. A write up in Sportsmans warehouse news about the 26 Nosler raved about them.

Got mine before season last year. Killed a bull and a deer with them. Me, I'm going back to the 200 grain Accubond. mtmuley

Muley, looks like you left out part of yer story. Copied this from another site you posted on recently.

"Someone asked about close range, high velocity impacts on game with the ALR. I found a great load with them for my .300 RUM using Retumbo. Accuracy was sub MOA out to 500 yards. (Didn't test further, I was working with one hard to get box) Velocity was just a shade under 3100 fps. I shot a 5x6 bull at just about 60 yards or so. Piled him up on the spot with a shot that was just a bit high in the shoulder. About a 3" exit. I aslo shot a mule deer at around 370 yards. Double lung, it ran about 20 yards and died. Small entrance, about a 1 and 1/2 exit. Overall I was pleased but will probably go back to the original 200 grain Accubond. They work very well and obviously are easier to get. I may launch the remaining ones I have at some longer ranges just for kicks. mtmuley"

Received my bullets today and will be loading them up with Retumbo. Wondering what grains you were using and your overall cartridge length.

What are the issues guys are having with them? Seating depth, accuracy , performance on game, penetration at different impact velocities?

Yeah Triple BB, that's the rest of the story. The 210 ALR doesn't do anything better than the regular 200 grain Accubond. At least not in the .300 RUM. I'll pm ya with the load specifics. Not gonna suggest loads in open forums anymore. mtmuley

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back