2026-2027 Upland Bird Thread

Two short hunts so far. Both were a bust.

The first one had a couple coveys flush wild before the dog or myself could get there, plus a rabbit jumping out in range.

Second one was a spot good for two coveys every trip last year, nothing this time.

Only photo I took was this guy. Happy the cold weather is coming.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8949.jpeg
    IMG_8949.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Pheasant opener this weekend here and we have tons of birds, but hunting in 85 degrees isn’t very appealing. I’ll wait until it cools off. Crops are coming out in a hurry right now so it’s only going to get better.
 
Story on that grouse I posted a pic of. Shot him arrow passed thru right below the crop. He would not die. I was hiking into a basin and I was about 350 feet elevation gained. I lost all that elevation chasing that grouse straight down hill. Finally caught it and had ring it's neck. It was 75 degrees. I was sweating like a stuck hog! He ate well tho so all worth it.

Screenshot_20261011_113452_Chrome.jpg
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,184
Messages
2,252,727
Members
39,107
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top