Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2024 Draw results

Oh ps, when I draw montana I’m bringing my hat up to the state and hunting in it!!! Even if it makes all the residents cringe! Lmao

Unless I can talk @SwaggyD into holding my bullets I’ll probably just shoot a dink. They taste better anyways. 😉

View attachment 322406
Making Montanan’s Cringe Since 2021
I’ll take you for a drive with the hat no problem. The pit vipers stay in Colorado though

No one is more annoying than Montana residents who think it’s their birth right to pay jack shit for a tag and hunt state wide whenever wherever they want and kill anything they want and then blame the NR. Until residents give up opportunities or pay 20x what they are now nothing will change
Not a birth right, more to do with living here and having to pay Montana State taxes. It's not just NR they don't want hunting, it's residents from anywhere else in the state. License plates from different counties are frowned upon during hunting season. 😀

No one is more annoying than Montana residents who think it’s their birth right to pay jack shit for a tag and hunt state wide whenever wherever they want and kill anything they want and then blame the NR. Until residents give up opportunities or pay 20x what they are now nothing will change
Says the nonresident

No one is more annoying than nonresidents who think it’s their birth right to pay jack shit for a tag and hunt state wide whenever wherever they want and kill anything they want and then blame the resident. Until nonresidents give up opportunities or pay 20x what they are now nothing will change
FIFY

Mine went from $2300 to $5500 in one year. I thought ND would be better.
Yeah that's brutal. Ours have been high for quite a few years now. Assuming that was mainly due to a major home value adjustment? For example for here, a property I just worked with is $292K value and is $5870.15 in property taxes.

Last edited:
What do you want? They issued around 59k nonresident licenses and tags in 2023. Move to MT and see how great is paying $5500 in property tax. I hope you draw and enjoy your hunt, but stakeholders of the state should have a majority of the tags.
Too many for sure but a good % of those were b tags correct ? There wasn’t 59k NR hunters in Montana. Multiple tags for lots of NRs . But yes the cap needs to be 17,000 and that it and 0 b tags for NR would be fine .

Taxes? With. I want to know if I drew the best elk tag in the state. When will I know?
Sorry didn't mean to make a future depressing thread topic for many even more depressing by taking a hard left into tax talk lol. Ironically, I'm guessing next Monday (Tax Day) for the drawing to take place :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

Back on topic. Good luck to all

I’m crossing my fingers for an elk permit. Nice to be able to party up with family members and ride their stack of points..
My brother in law wouldn't share his points with me. Still hope he draws.

Last night at tee-ball practice, my six-year-old son took one to the face.

He’s had a propensity for bloody noses in his life, and this one was a goddamn waterfall. He ran off the field to me, and I pinched his nose and walked him to my truck where I had paper towels to clean him up. As I got the bleeding to stop, I looked down at my hands covered in the blood of a child of my loins. The horizon line of the setting sun were the mountains where I hope to wander this fall. It was there, with the bite of Montana spring baseball in the air, that I realized this was a blood sacrifice to the hunting gods, who no doubt will shine upon me in a week. I explained his gift to our family, but his simple mind just couldn’t comprehend.

I hope they do the same for you all.

He’s had a propensity for bloody noses in his life, and this one was a goddamn waterfall. He ran off the field to me, and I pinched his nose and walked him to my truck where I had paper towels to clean him up. As I got the bleeding to stop, I looked down at my hands covered in the blood of a child of my loins. The horizon line of the setting sun were the mountains where I hope to wander this fall. It was there, with the bite of Montana spring baseball in the air, that I realized this was a blood sacrifice to the hunting gods, who no doubt will shine upon me in a week. I explained his gift to our family, but his simple mind just couldn’t comprehend.

1712862604245.png

I don’t expect to draw the elk permit I put in for with less than 1% odds, and that’s okay. I don’t want any distractions from the moose tag I’m going to draw.

I had this same thought last night whilst standing over a mouse gut pile my cat left on the doorstep as an after work surprise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back