Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2023 Wyoming Elk

You can within that specific draw, regular or special.

DO NOT withdraw after the close of app period but within modify period thinking you can move from regular to special.

I think you can if it's a Type 4 cow tag, but I know you cannot if it's a Type 6 or 7 cow tag.

QQ
I think I know the answer, but can someone please confirm this for me before I tell someone bad information. If you draw a type 4 tag, your points will be gone, but if you draw a type 6 or 7 tag, it does NOT use your points and you can still buy a PP for 2023.

I think I know the answer, but can someone please confirm this for me before I tell someone bad information. If you draw a type 4 tag, your points will be gone, but if you draw a type 6 or 7 tag, it does NOT use your points and you can still buy a PP for 2023.
Yes - unless the Type 4 is 2nd or 3rd choice.

is it better to apply as a party for me and my son or idividually, only have 1 preference point for deer and elk

is it better to apply as a party for me and my son or idividually, only have 1 preference point for deer and elk
With only one PP you'll only draw thru the random. Shoot for the moon or try for a "better draw chance" with the general tag

Reactions: DJ1
If as a party you either both draw or neither does. If individual one might draw while other doesn't, are you OK with that?

Odds wise it really won't matter much

If your goal is for either of you draw a tag in WY and both will enjoy the trip, then YES put in separate your odds would be better. Just know your odds are still slim for either of you to draw a random tag.

If your goal is for either of you draw a tag in WY and both will enjoy the trip, then YES put in separate your odds would be better. Just know your odds are still slim for either of you to draw a random tag.
I don’t think this is true. Wyoming over-allocates tags. So if a party app is drawn for the last available tag, they will issue tags to the entire party.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back