2023 Montana Draw!!!!

I was hoping for this week just to spread out the rejection. New Mexico is going to disappoint me on Wednesday of next week, most likely. Two blows back to back is a real kick in the dick.
Yeah, next week is going to hurt...

I got a call also yesterday about elk hunting survey. They asked good questions, like if I hunted private, bma, or public, how many days in the field. It wasn’t general questions like if I seen a wolf or if I turkey hunted.

I played phone tag with the FWP survey person for a month regarding the elk survey. She'd call me and leave a voicemail, I'd call her back and she wouldn't answer. I think we went through 3 iterations of this and I gave up. Haven't heard anything since. I'm highly skeptical of the statistics they derive from those surveys. They certainly have a high noise/signal ratio.
I did the exact same thing for a pronghorn survey. No one ever answered on their end. It is the most inefficient and ineffective way I can think to do this.

I got the wolf survey today I told them I didn’t hunt them they said include the days you would see one deer and elk hunting. I told them ok I hunted wolves no less than 50 days. Asked what districts and goodbye. I still haven’t been asked how long I pounded the bush for deer.

FWP: “Did you hunt elk this year?”
Me: “Yes”
FWP: “Did you hunt with an outfitter?”
Me: “No”
FWP: <click><dial tone>

That didn’t really happen, but they did call and ask if I hunted elk and whether I was successful. After that I asked if they wanted to know about deer, and they said someone else would call about that. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know why they just don’t implement mandatory online reporting. Send an email to everyone who had a tag after the season with a link to an online survey. If you don’t complete it, you’re not eligible to apply the next year. Easy-peasy.

A few (impatient) people that I know actually called FWP and were told everything would be done and posted Monday afternoon.

I don’t know why they just don’t implement mandatory online reporting. Send an email to everyone who had a tag after the season with a link to an online survey. If you don’t complete it, you’re not eligible to apply the next year. Easy-peasy.
That would make far too much sense and yield far too good of results. It may break the FWP brain trust

Yup . The handpicking for family and friends tags is going on this weekend
That doesn’t happen, why would a landowner/rich nr worry about getting a tag if you owned several thousand acres. They would just go hunt.

Not trying to start a argument, and they do screw things up,

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back