2023 College World Series

kansasdad

Oral Roberts University (my Alma Mater) punches their 🎟 to Omaha tonight with a third game clincher over Oregon in Eugene. We are now feverishly researching hotels (scarce and $$$$ in Omaha) and tickets (no schedule yet released).

It will be a 5+ hour drive for us to get there, and so far know of several classmates that will be attending.

Any HuntTalkers previously attend?
Any places not to miss in Lincoln or Omaha?

Info appreciated greatly….

I have never attended but always wanted to. I have a brother in-law there so I should go and take advantage of not having to pay CWS hotel rates.

I grew up less than an hr from Omaha, and lived in Lincoln for about three years while getting my masters at UNL. The Omaha zoo is extremely legit if your group is interested in that sort of thing - could easily spend a whole day there. Lincoln is a nice town, but I wouldn’t say there’s anything you have to see there.

Went the last couple of years when it was still at Rosenblatt Stadium. The atmosphere was awesome with the stadium basically being in the middle of a residential neighborhood. There were house parties all around the stadium. I haven't been to the new downtown stadium, but I'd like to get back there sometime.

ORU v TCU Friday at 1 pm. Responsibilities in Wichita mean that we will not make it for that game. Travel Saturday for Sunday’s game. As you might imagine, hotels are significantly higher rates than normal. So you grin and bear it, and are happy your team has made it to CWS.

GO WIN IT !

A David v Goliath situation for sure.

I lived in Omaha for 5 years and went to grad school at Creighton, which is right down the road from the stadium. The old market is interesting but insanely busy during the CWS. Plank is probably my favorite restaurant in that area if you like seafood. If you want to have a good time with a whole boatload of people during or after the games, Lefties and Rocco's are right next to the stadium, as is Blatt. Plenty of great breweries in Omaha as well if that's up your alley. There's plenty to do while you're there, so feel free to reach out if you are looking for ideas on anything specifically!

I live 2 hours from Omaha and have taken my boys to CWS about every other year. Were going Saturday. Its a lot of fun. I would recommend walking through the vendors south of the stadium before or after your game. I would also recommend eating at Spaghetti works in the old market. if you have never been to Scheels its worth going to for hunting gear vs the Cabela's or Bass Pro there. Zoo is probably one of the best in the country also.

What a nice start for my Golden Eagles. Three run home run in the top of the ninth to retake the lead, and their (shakey) closer gets the job done even allowing two runners in the bottom of the ninth.

Some super weird calls by the boys in blue in the afternoon game. A balk that wasn't a balk, but was a pitch clock violation avoidance attempt and later a base runner pushed off the base by a diving shortstop and the runner (EVENTUALLY) called out. The review seemed to take over 5 minutes to come to a conclusion.

Sadly for myself the somewhat Cinderella story of ORU comes to an end today.

Some super weird calls by the boys in blue in the afternoon game. A balk that wasn't a balk, but was a pitch clock violation avoidance attempt and later a base runner pushed off the base by a diving shortstop and the runner (EVENTUALLY) called out. The review seemed to take over 5 minutes to come to a conclusion.

Yeh, that was awful. Of course the ump behind the plate was fired by MLB. He’s awful.

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but was pulling for oru. Hated to see them lose.

Yes, I seriously question the call where the guy was pushed off base and then called out. Why couldn't an outfielder just "accidentally" trip and knock a runner off base and say they're out? That could become a valid technique. There was nothing the guy on third base could have done to avoid it and I don't see how it's different than the outfielder just walking up to him and pushing him off base for a tag. It's wrong.

TCU beat my Razorbacks and so I'm kind of hoping they win it all. I also tend to pull for other SEC teams and so Florida or LSU would be good. Not a fan of Tennessee and the redneck attitude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back