2023 Alberta moose.

Browning55

3 years ago I decided I was going to make it happen and go on a Canadian moose hunt. I wanted to do it this year when I turned 40. Too much uncertainty with what the future would hold and I told myself this is what I want to do to celebrate my 40th. You never know what will happen either with tags or heath etc. luckily I had a very supportive wife who encouraged me to go! Long story short I made that dream a reality. Had a great outfitter and a grueling hunt that tested my mental resolve for sure. Such as different experience from what I was used to in co. Was rewarded with a 51” moose and a memory I’ll never forget. I also learned a lesson that be careful where you shoot these things, makes for a long night.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 126
Awesome and congratulations! By the looks of it, you’re pretty northern Alberta?

excellent!, congrats. On my bucket list. Except the part of wearing mis-matched Kuiu patterns.
i almost lost the moose when he saw me. Not that the mismatched patterns caused him to notice me, more so the moose was walking away in disgust of my fashion choice.

i almost lost the moose when he saw me. Not that the mismatched patterns caused him to notice me, more so the moose was walking away in disgust of my fashion choice.
LOl. I do the same thing, I just dont have any pics of me. Id take a picture naked if it meant a moose like that though. Great job

Great moose! Congratulations. I have an Alberta moose hunt booked for next year at this time. Who was your outfitter, and where where you hunting? I'll be in WMU 524 up in the Peace River area.

How much did he dress out to, and how did you get him home?

Congratulations and way to get after it and do it instead of just talking about it like most in the world !

Great moose! Congratulations. I have an Alberta moose hunt booked for next year at this time. Who was your outfitter, and where where you hunting? I'll be in WMU 524 up in the Peace River area.

How much did he dress out to, and how did you get him home?
I was in 525 just north of peace river. Who are you hunting with?

743 lbs hanging height. Took home 518lbs of meat. The ground alone filled up a yeti 350, steaks packed filled in a yeti 110 and had some more in an ingloo 125 along with the frozen cape.

Dry ice on top was good all the way home to CO. There’s a place in Grand Prairie that sells dry ice but they are only open on weekdays

743 lbs hanging height. Took home 518lbs of meat. The ground alone filled up a yeti 350, steaks packed filled in a yeti 110 and had some more in an ingloo 125 along with the frozen cape.

Dry ice on top was good all the way home to CO. There’s a place in Grand Prairie that sells dry ice but they are only open on weekdays
743 hanging weight is that hide off?? If so that’s the biggest Canadian moose I have ever seen

Going with Moose Lake Outfitters in Manning, AB

743 hanging weight is that hide off?? If so that’s the biggest Canadian moose I have ever seen
Hide off but we got the entire moose out. So we had the entire rib cage etc. it was a crazy night we actually saw zawed the moose in half. Then two of us spent the next hr loading it into a dump trailer on Atv with the help of ratchet straps and a in the field engineering. Finally took almost 3 hrs of navigating the Atv back to truck crossing creeks with make shift bridges, getting unstuck in mud etc. it was a process to say the least. In hind sight we would have better just quartering it up.

3 years ago I decided I was going to make it happen and go on a Canadian moose hunt. I wanted to do it this year when I turned 40. Too much uncertainty with what the future would hold and I told myself this is what I want to do to celebrate my 40th. You never know what will happen either with tags or heath etc. luckily I had a very supportive wife who encouraged me to go! Long story short I made that dream a reality. Had a great outfitter and a grueling hunt that tested my mental resolve for sure. Such as different experience from what I was used to in co. Was rewarded with a 51” moose and a memory I’ll never forget. I also learned a lesson that be careful where you shoot these things, makes for a long night.
Sweet bull!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back