2022 Spring Bears

Cliff notes:

1. Hammers are awesome
2. If you forget to put your plugs in with a muzzle brake, your ears will ring for a good 30 minutes afterwards
3. A mystery ranch frame will survive 100 foot fall through the cliff with bear meat in it
4. Cliffs suck
5. Cliffs really suck when it’s almost dark
6. Leg cramps suck
7. Leg cramps really suck in a mummy bag
Type 3 fun.
Did you remember to bring plenty of water with you?

Did you remember to bring plenty of water with you?
Plenty of water, but darned near ran out of daylight. I was about 15 minutes from a command decision to spend the night and sort out the cliffs in the morning. I took a wrong turn on the way down and missed my route.

Last edited by a moderator:
As y'all can see, the country my wife is hunting is spectacular. We've had a great time camping and baiting so far. There are two smaller bears hitting one of the baits. A young black colored bear and a snow cinnamon colored bear. With the rut starting, we are hoping the board start showing up soon!
20220507_080032.jpg

20220507_093506.jpg
This has been one of my favorite moments of this hunt. Our 15 year old is 100% bought in to helping his mom get a bear. We hung tree stands this week and he was a huge help. I hate to admit it, but getting older and hanging onto tree steps dont go together. I am super grateful to have a young athletic 15 year old running around to help when needed. He other super colt thing is how technology savvy he is. Hes been building a video of the hunt using his cell phone. So far, it's pretty good. Maybe he will be a good video guy for Ole Fin someday.

I'll get some bear pics posted when I get back to my laptop for you guys to enjoy.

Back