MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2022 Spring Bears

Gravy takes a lot of meanings, Italian beef gravy, biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, Italians call the spaghetti sauce gravy? Hell idk. I trust you though you guys are responsible for Canadian mist and Molson, I'm a big fan
The start to a forest gump shrimp thread 😂

@ Sask, how long is season open up there? Seems pretty late? When a big boar shows up, how long do you wait to start sitting?

I've hunted on quick hunts where we baited, and had to sit right away, call it a 10-14 day hunt. Seems like sometimes they show up, take the bait over, and other times, hit once or twice and leave.

Anyways, I know Canada is different than the western US, but I'd like to hear your input.

@ Sask, how long is season open up there? Seems pretty late? When a big boar shows up, how long do you wait to start sitting?

I've hunted on quick hunts where we baited, and had to sit right away, call it a 10-14 day hunt. Seems like sometimes they show up, take the bait over, and other times, hit once or twice and leave.

Anyways, I know Canada is different than the western US, but I'd like to hear your input.
Open till the end of June. I usually hunt till June 10-14 that covers the prime rut time

I like to wait till the wind is correct and kill him first sit. If I can I’ll wait for a storm to be coming in and hunt the day before. Later in the year say may 25 or so I’ll hunt every chance possible. Ruts in then and new bears showing up all the time.

Your early season bears which falls around late April till may 13-15(before greenup) here most years are kinda patternable if you have patients and wait till the wind is right I have had good luck killing target bear. Ideally hunt before a storm as that will push them in earlier or just after they start hitting the bait in daylight.

From about may 25-June 10 or 14 is rut time hunt there bait every time the wind is right as the bears are often there for a day or three before moving on.

Mid May go fishing and just bait to keep the bait going lol. That’s my theories on bear hunting lol. This year is different as we are at least a week maybe two weeks behind a normal spring so will be a bit of a learning curve this spring

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back