Yeti GOBOX Collection

2022 Montana Elk Survey

I wonder how they determine who to send them out to or if it’s truly “random”
It’s random. They only send them to a fraction of the total hunters. It’s low odds that you receive one. Consider yourself lucky. It’s like drawing a tough to draw tag

It’s random. They only send them to a fraction of the total hunters. It’s low odds that you receive one. Consider yourself lucky. It’s like drawing a tough to draw tag
Sweet! I’d much rather receive a tough to draw survey than a tough to draw tag! Both seem like once in a lifetime opportunities at this point

Seems like an online survey could just go to all tag holders. I think Colorado sends to everyone now. I’ve filled out a few. What I don’t get, is how these states can have lottery systems and preference point systems, but can’t get online surveys to everyone.
Perplexing for sure. I had a buddy receive both surveys. I asked him if he realized how lucky he was. He said why don’t they just send them to everyone. I offered him $20 for each survey but that idiot wouldn’t let me have either one of them.

Director Worsech says I need to make my voice heard but it seems I don’t have the chance with any of these “surveys”. Manage wildlife and pour the cow and doe tags to the private landowners that need/want help, if anyone is listening. It is ok to have wildlife on the landscape where they should be. It seems simple.

I got the elk survey in the mail a couple days ago.
Most of the questions I thought were pretty good, the only thing I found strange was that the first question asked which Region you hunted the most for elk over the past 5 years, and then said to answer all other questions based only on that specific region.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has hunted elk in more than one region in the past 5 years and may answer some of the questions much differently for one region than another...

Director Worsech says I need to make my voice heard but it seems I don’t have the chance with any of these “surveys”. Manage wildlife and pour the cow and doe tags to the private landowners that need/want help, if anyone is listening. It is ok to have wildlife on the landscape where they should be. It seems simple.
That makes too much sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back