2022 MN Buck

Nice buck ! I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it’ll be a low deer harvest for opening weekend . Too damn nice out (until today) and pretty much unhuntable winds today . And where I’m at in Nd the bucks are not rutting yet . Week away from peak I’d say

Nice buck ! I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it’ll be a low deer harvest for opening weekend . Too damn nice out (until today) and pretty much unhuntable winds today . And where I’m at in Nd the bucks are not rutting yet . Week away from peak I’d say
Yeah I'm hoping next weekend is better. Especially since I have Friday off, and my brother and nephews are planning to hunt too. I was able to fill a bonus tag yesterday morning, so I'll finish processing that today.

Congratulations. Can't wait for my return to the big woods this year. Gonna chase snow to track in, no matter where I have to go

That wind was ridiculous. My daughter asked me if the stand was going to blow over…”not sure honey”…lol.

Could’ve shot a little spike this morning at first light. We watched him for a good 15-20 min and she was asking if a bigger one, or a doe was going to come out. I told her that a bigger one might come out…or might not, but we would have to be ok with the decision and not get upset if nothing else comes out. So with her little 9 yr old smile, she looked at me and said let’s try for a bigger one and with that, we didn’t see another deer😂

She is hell bent on learning the processing side this yr and I love it. Next weekend should be good and then we head to MT for Thanksgiving…pretty sure she will get her chance to get her hands dirty😀

This post has had my gears turning for the past month. I have some family in NC MN, but have never seen the dark horns there. I also have connections up near the Canadian border. I’m absolutely in love with those chocolate horns and feel I need to go on a quest for a set if my own. That said is that fairly common over a large area up there? Just specific bucks that rub trees in a certain area?

I always see you Minnesota plated hunters in my state so I feel I need to return the favor and come shoot your deer. 🤣

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back