2022 Heritage Season

Are you planning to hunt the heritage season?

• Yes. I’m an experienced traditionalist

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Yes. This is my first time.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • No. I have better things to do.

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No. I think the season is wrong.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • No. The general big game season in MT was aweful. I can’t take anymore beatdowns.

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • No. My tags are all filled.

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters
Call the track of the wolf and give them the info on your rifle. They may be able to tell you what the size is, and I bet they have it in stock. I've bought from them several times and they are great to deal with and ship fast. Good luck.

Order by Telephone:
Call 763-633-2500. Talk to our knowledgeable staff. We will take your order, check stock on hand, quote our best prices, answer technical questions, confirm that your choice of parts will work well together, or suggest alternate parts for better fit, lower cost, or faster delivery. Tell us your plans, and ask for our suggestions.
Thank you for the suggestion!!

I was in Missoula yesterday procuring a carry pistol that I had saved gift cards for over the past year (FYI the Taurus GX4 can be had for about $210 after rebate). My 4473 was delayed for about 30 minutes so I BS'd with the guys about nonsense while we waited. No less than 3 guys came in scrambling to find a rifle and bullets. The gun counter guy and I both explained to these guys the available muzzleloaders did not qualify for this season and the bullets they had also didn't qualify. These guys were almost belligerent when they found out they didn't get hunt with a scoped inline. 1 guy came in with a flintlock rifle stating the rifle wouldn't go off and needed "flash" powder. He didn't know what that meant just the internet said he needed it after a failed to fire. It won't be long for people to complain about availability of legal components before they allow inlines and scopes.

I'll likely miss it but I do have tags and would like to see if I could track down a whitetail buck but honestly they could use a break from the abuse.

With what’s required to be legal most people won’t be able to get the stuff I had to buy all new gear last year for this hunt and have been steady on it since then. We have been muzzy hunting for about 15 years across various states a lot of people are gonna be in for a hard lesson trying to just take one into the field and hunt with it

With what’s required to be legal most people won’t be able to get the stuff I had to buy all new gear last year for this hunt and have been steady on it since then. We have been muzzy hunting for about 15 years across various states a lot of people are gonna be in for a hard lesson trying to just take one into the field and hunt with it

I had heard though not confirmed of people carrying inlines because they didn't bother to learn the rules last year. Judging from the people I've encountered the last few days, I would wager people will still be out their with the wrong equipment.

I had heard though not confirmed of people carrying inlines because they didn't bother to learn the rules last year. Judging from the people I've encountered the last few days, I would wager people will still be out their with the wrong equipment.
Can’t stop people from not reading regulations and being stupid if caught it should be a serious fine it’s pretty clean in the regs on no inlines

Call the track of the wolf and give them the info on your rifle. They may be able to tell you what the size is, and I bet they have it in stock. I've bought from them several times and they are great to deal with and ship fast. Good luck.

Order by Telephone:
Call 763-633-2500. Talk to our knowledgeable staff. We will take your order, check stock on hand, quote our best prices, answer technical questions, confirm that your choice of parts will work well together, or suggest alternate parts for better fit, lower cost, or faster delivery. Tell us your plans, and ask for our suggestions.
@Dan O
Boy , that was easy. Gave them a call and the rep knew exactly what I was after.
Placed an order.🤞
Thanks for the recommendation.

Pretty much sums it up.

I am planning to hunt whitetail. Ill shoot the first decent-sized doe or 4pt buck that I see. I hunt them with a .50 traditional on my own property during the general season, usually shooting 2-3/year.

This year, I passed on multiple 4pt and lots of does - despite having 3 tags, as ever - because I only want/need 1 deer for some backstrap and the ground venison as I am still OK in terms of game meat - roasts, rounds, sausage, etc - in the freezer from the deers I shot last season. I saw a very nice 5pt buck early in the season (and a couple other times) that never presented me a shot and held out hoping til the end. But as said, first decent one gets it starting Saturday and hopefully thats all I need.

I dont feel bad about the extra season on these whitetail since they really arent hunted hard.

I’ve had a flintlock 54 Caliber for a long time that has been waiting for an opportunity like this. I’m looking forward to participating in this season in a few years if it is still around by then.

Want to bet inlines get thrown into the mess next year? Fwp wanting to simplify the regs will be the excuse

433F99D8-E72F-424C-A4D9-16E2FAC516CF.jpeg
Was sitting out pondering tonight looking at a few deer that survived the onslaught of 11 weeks of pressure, I wonder what my forefathers used for spotting scopes. I didn’t have the stomach to go try to shoot them but there I was looking at them. They were digging through snow hoping to survive the winter. I doubt they have a clue what is about to come in the next week. Digging through snow will get tougher.

View attachment 254899
Was sitting out pondering tonight looking at a few deer that survived the onslaught of 11 weeks of pressure, I wonder what my forefathers used for spotting scopes. I didn’t have the stomach to go try to shoot them but there I was looking at them. They were digging through snow hoping to survive the winter. I doubt they have a clue what is about to come in the next week. Digging through snow will get tougher.

Sagebrush in your front yard?

Reactions: DFS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back