2022 Deer Elk Antelope book

Honestly why is it so hard ? Look at the HD you want to hunt and see if there’s any changes it’s really not that complicated
You’re kidding, right? It’s not complicated when you have hunt districts that allow either sex elk harvest on a general tag IF you are 12-15 years old or have a permit to hunt from a motor vehicle. Everyone else is BTB or antlerless (ie no spikes/fork horns).

Rega like this are stupid, create confusion, and set good people up to make a mistake and get a ticket. All for a little more OpPOrTuNitY.

You’re kidding, right? It’s not complicated when you have hunt districts that allow either sex elk harvest on a general tag IF you are 12-15 years old or have a permit to hunt from a motor vehicle. Everyone else is BTB or antlerless (ie no spikes/fork horns).

Rega like this are stupid, create confusion, and set good people up to make a mistake and get a ticket. All for a little more OpPOrTuNitY.
This isn’t new tho . And how hard is it to turn to the page your HD is on and see what the regs are ? I don’t agree with some of the regs and yes they could be less complicated but this thread was about “finding” changes , so turn to your hd page and see what they are it’s really really not hard

Thank you for your brilliance.

All I know is if I were director, I would want as much public education and outreach as possible on all of the changes. What better place to start than the rule book?

They didn’t listen to any of my comments on proposed changes. Pretty sure they didn’t listen to biologists either. 2022 - the great ungulate extinction!

Pay close attention to boundary changes, particularly where they have changed a boundary from say, a historical and logical boundary to a section road 1 section away. This is a big time way FWP busts unsuspecting people of hunting in the wrong district when they are honestly trying not to break rules.

ignore if you've already seen this - but the regs state "NOTE: Boundary Change" under each HD that has changed. Also, for those that use OnX - looks like they've incorporated the new HD boundaries. Makes it a little easier to view those boundary changes than zooming into the PDF.

Honestly why is it so hard ? Look at the HD you want to hunt and see if there’s any changes it’s really not that complicated
I never said it was hard, only that people should pay attention because there are a lot of changes. There are changes in boundaries, unit numbers, multi unit tags were eliminated and new multi unit tags created, and probably most importantly I see changes in the number of tags being issued which will affect draw odds. I’m not even sure how paid services like GoHUNT are going to manage through that.

I never said it was hard, only that people should pay attention because there are a lot of changes. There are changes in boundaries, unit numbers, multi unit tags were eliminated and new multi unit tags created, and probably most importantly I see changes in the number of tags being issued which will affect draw odds. I’m not even sure how paid services like GoHUNT are going to manage through that.
Yeh I agree

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back