2022 Colorado draw results!!!!

My brother got his LE second season bull tag so I'll get to hunt CO for the first time! I have no idea how the process works for picking up a tag thats turned in but is there a somewhat realistic chance of picking up a deer tag for a unit that normally takes 1 pp to draw? Or am I being unrealistic to think that i could grab i deer tag for the same unit?

My brother got his LE second season bull tag so I'll get to hunt CO for the first time! I have no idea how the process works for picking up a tag thats turned in but is there a somewhat realistic chance of picking up a deer tag for a unit that normally takes 1 pp to draw? Or am I being unrealistic to think that i could grab i deer tag for the same unit?
How fast can you type?

Realistically, you’re probably not getting that deer tag. But it never hurts to try! Keep an eye out for the second draw, in case people turn one back right away. And then check the leftover list all the way up to the day before the hunt. Sometimes people turn tags in at the very last minute.

Reissue process is a little different starting last year. Once we get past leftover day, There is a preview list available on Tuesday and then the licenses can be bought Wednesday, so you dont have to constantly check the list.

I had a lot more trouble getting a reissue with the new format. 😂

Realistically, you’re probably not getting that deer tag. But it never hurts to try! Keep an eye out for the second draw, in case people turn one back right away. And then check the leftover list all the way up to the day before the hunt. Sometimes people turn tags in at the very last minute.
Thanks for the tips!

Our group applied for archery elk, each of us had three points, and applied in a unit with 100% draw odds at 1 point. We didn't draw. Point creep is real.

Regardless, OTC here we come!

Our group applied for archery elk, each of us had three points, and applied in a unit with 100% draw odds at 1 point. We didn't draw. Point creep is real.

Regardless, OTC here we come!

i'd wanna double check that your party knew what they were talking about when they each said "i have three points"

though a 2-3 point jump in one year wouldn't hugely surprise me these days, depending on the unit, it also would massively surprise me.

i'd wanna double check that your party knew what they were talking about when they each said "i have three points"

though a 2-3 point jump in one year wouldn't hugely surprise me these days, depending on the unit, it also would massively surprise me.
I mean I am not going to audit their CPW account, but each said they have three points.

For the record, I suspect the same thing. But it is what it is. I am still chasing elk this fall, just in a new woods!

Whiffed on elk. 100% draw odds last year at my point total according to Go Hunt and from the draw trends chart I thought it would be enough this year too. Nope.

Secondary draw info should come out later in June for returns/leftovers. Should have a decent chance at picking up a deer tag.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back