2022 CO Secondary Draw

I’m gonna snag a tag… hopefully. I’d like to try one of the 4th rifle elk tags. Seems like a fun and challenging hunt🤞🏼

Not applying. Not even putting the kids in. Both kids already have tags and I'm not playing the game. Lots of hunting to do this fall already.

I’m in and ready to get strike 2 on the same unit I failed to draw in the primary. I know it will be on the first leftover list too so I’m excited for that.

I wish my boys had more free days in their fall. There are some super solid buck & bull tags sitting there for the lucky young applicant.

Last edited:
Plenty of hunting opportunity available on those lists. Adults drew more licenses than youth in the secondary draw last year. But they didn’t draw many buck deer licenses.
No doubt...I'm in the secondary game and going to hunt archery elk, but already scouting OTC units while warming up my keyboard fingers for the reissue list...

Well I'm figuring I just gave CPW another $10 because I looked at the leftover draw results from last year and the 30 or so that I looked at, all were given out to youth. NOT ONE adult drew a leftover and one unit had 70 tags. I'm all for kids getting a shot, but if you weren't in the original draw then you shouldn't get a chance at the leftovers in front of someone who already paid once. CO has a jacked up system for sure.

Plenty of hunting opportunity available on those lists. Adults drew more licenses than youth in the secondary draw last year. But they didn’t draw many buck deer licenses.

Something like... 100 youth applicants 1000 adults

80 tags that required more than 1 pt to draw
2000 tags that were true leftovers

Youth drew 78 of 80 point tags, adults drew the leftovers.

So yes technically correct, but... if you put in for any of the tags worth more than 0pts you're kidding yourself.

I sure hope you did! They have a better chance than the rest of us given secondary draw is a youth preference draw.

I decided not to. We have enough trips planned here at home that I figured it was more time and money than I should spend. But I'm sure some other kid will be happy....

QQ

I decided not to. We have enough trips planned here at home that I figured it was more time and money than I should spend. But I'm sure some other kid will be happy....

QQ
I'm a few years out on any of my kids being old enough to hunt big game yet, but I think the secondary draw is a great opportunity for them to get some a quality tags they would otherwise have to wait years for.

Reactions: LCH
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back