Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2021 Colorado OTC Archery Elk

BenMartin4425

Starting to plan a Colorado archery elk hunt for the 2021 season. It is a little far out however with E-Scouting and everything we will need as much time to prepare. As of now we are thinking of going into either units 16,22,24, or 28. What is everyone’s insight on terrain? I have hunting Hells Canyon in Idaho which is in my mind some of the most rugged country. I am from North Dakota so we do not have hiking trails to get in shape we have to use stair masters. Also, is there a better time to go than others. Being out of state we will only have one shot to get it done in hopefully filling one tag between the four of us. We would like to bivy Hunt and just camp where we stop for the hunt. Also, I have not looked it up but do you need to buy the tag for one specific unit or if one unit does not pan out can we jump to another unit? I have not looked this up yet so any insight from fellow hunters who have hunted these areas would be great. Not looking for “The Spot” just what to expect from what we can not see from E-Scouting. I appreciate everyone’s time!

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reason is a close group of four of us want to be able to each have our bow with us. In 100% we are happy if one of us get an elk as we would split it either way. We are 25 and have started to accomulate points in Wyoming as well as Montana for future hunts. We want to do an over the counter experience all together. Do you know if we buy over the counter if that wipes your points?

Reason is a close group of four of us want to be able to each have our bow with us. In 100% we are happy if one of us get an elk as we would split it either way. We are 25 and have started to accomulate points in Wyoming as well as Montana for future hunts. We want to do an over the counter experience all together. Do you know if we buy over the counter if that wipes your points?

Nope, basically as long as you dont draw your first choice liscence you retain and build points.

Colorado OTC tags are purchased completely separately from the draw units, so OTC tags will have no impact to points. You'll have to apply by 8pm tomorrow (4/7) if you want to buy a preference point for a future year or apply for a limited unit. Also, of the units you noted, unit 24 OTC tag is only valid on private land - so don't plan on that one unless you have access on private land.

See attached for a quick look at you archery OTC options. PM me if you'd like access to the interactive version of this graph.

Attachments

• ArcheryOTC.png
    ArcheryOTC.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 39
Colorado OTC tags are purchased completely separately from the draw units, so OTC tags will have no impact to points. You'll have to apply by 8pm tomorrow (4/7) if you want to buy a preference point for a future year or apply for a limited unit. Also, of the units you noted, unit 24 OTC tag is only valid on private land - so don't plan on that one unless you have access on private land.

See attached for a quick look at you archery OTC options. PM me if you'd like access to the interactive version of this graph.
I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back