MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2020 UK Hunting offer

OK, this is important, and might impact you, whether you visit me or on your own one day.
Yesterday in our Parliament a bill was being discussed, to ban imports/exports of trophies, I believe it's only in relation to CITES animals at the moment, but it could ultimately result in a total ban and ALL species.
The world is going mad!
So, the only thing you might have is a photo of any animal you shoot.

that would be cheap,,think of the hassle it would save,,you poor beneficiaries not having to worry what to do with all your hard earned trophies etc

It was a beautiful morning today, a change from all the rain we have been getting.
I think I missed the main Fallow rut as when I arrived in the woods (its the same stand every year) the ground was all tore up and trees frayed, but this 'spiker' was taking his chances with a doe in an adjacent field.
Just a sample of what awaits you chaps if you do formulate a plan.
BTW, the reds are rutting still, but they won't cross the boundary.
Cheers
Richard
IMG_20191015_085219086_HDR.jpgIMG_20191015_110320_828.jpg

Last edited:
It was a beautiful morning today, a change from all the rain we have been getting.
I think I missed the main Fallow rut as when I arrived in the woods (its the same stand every year) the ground was all tore up and trees frayed, but this 'spiker' was taking his chances with a doe in an adjacent field.
Just a sample of what awaits you chaps if you do formulate a plan.
BTW, the reds are rutting still, but they won't cross the boundary.
Cheers
Richard
View attachment 117042View attachment 117043

Ahh I see you have the same problem as me, every year I say I’m not going to bother with the stags, but .......... I’m going to creep out on sat morning and see if I can’t roll one over, roll on November stags and hinds all in season together and time of plenty begins.

That old tub has seen quite a few field dressed game animals. Like Dave said, that second picture with the fog looks like a calendar cover.

Whatever works for him. I'm flexible. My wife is headed over for Christmas this year, so our next trip would probably be at least six months+ from then.
@ChrisS do you think this will work out?
So from July onwards?
End of July/beginning of August the Roe will be rutting.
If you don't think its going to work out please let me know and I'll offer it up to the next guy, have a chat with the wife.

@Watt21 any update on when you would like to come over?

The busy time for me is usually from March until beginning of July as that is when I get most of my fly fishing bookings.

Cheers

Richard

Update, ChrisS told be back in November his plans had changed so couldn't make it.
I tried to contact Watt21 via this forum and messenger on Facebook but he has dropped off the radar.
So it's with regret I'm going to have to pull the plug on this offer for 2020 as I'm getting commitments myself for the year and I have to plan things.
Coupled with the uncertainty of how the damned virus thing might pan out in the future I felt I have no option but to cancel.
Hopefully after I discuss it with @leec270 we might be able to come up with an offer for 2021.
Sorry to let you down people.
Cheers
Richard

Don't worry about it. Travel may be even more restrictive by this summer and you don't know how to plan because of it. You've done very well so far providing the opportunity to hunt someplace new!

Update, ChrisS told be back in November his plans had changed so couldn't make it.
I tried to contact Watt21 via this forum and messenger on Facebook but he has dropped off the radar.
So it's with regret I'm going to have to pull the plug on this offer for 2020 as I'm getting commitments myself for the year and I have to plan things.
Coupled with the uncertainty of how the damned virus thing might pan out in the future I felt I have no option but to cancel.
Hopefully after I discuss it with @leec270 we might be able to come up with an offer for 2021.
Sorry to let you down people.
Cheers
Richard
100% with you there @devon deer

OK, this is important, and might impact you, whether you visit me or on your own one day.
Yesterday in our Parliament a bill was being discussed, to ban imports/exports of trophies, I believe it's only in relation to CITES animals at the moment, but it could ultimately result in a total ban and ALL species.
The world is going mad!
So, the only thing you might have is a photo of any animal you shoot.
@devon deer ,
What is the status of this bill? Did it pass? Not good for both the guides in Great Britain and when you and lee hunt over here in the states.

@devon deer ,
What is the status of this bill? Did it pass? Not good for both the guides in Great Britain and when you and lee hunt over here in the states.
Still ongoing, comments have been invited, but in essence they want to ban trophy hunting, it doesn't help that our prime ministers wife is apparently anti shooting:(
Cheers
Richard

Back