2020 Saskatchewan chonker

This isolation BS got me looking for projects and I was smart enough to remember keeping some of the fat from this bear. To my wife's displeasure, I rendered some of that fat yesterday. Well, I can't believe I took this long to try it out. I cooked a bear roast last night and used some of the rendered fat as a base for some homemade gravy. Holy shit on a stick, was it good! I'll be making sure to keep most, if not all of my next bear's fat.

xEvb221.jpg

xhKQu9E.jpg

Sooooo can a neighbor get a NR tag and come up sometime. I'm always showing some love for my neighbors to the North. I'll bring the beers......

Sooooo can a neighbor get a NR tag and come up sometime. I'm always showing some love for my neighbors to the North. I'll bring the beers......

I think only Canadian residents can come unguided for black bear or deer. Non-residents have to use a guide which truly sucks considering I'd love to trade hunts with guys south of the border. All I can trade now is my company and good looks ;)

I think only Canadian residents can come unguided for black bear or deer. Non-residents have to use a guide which truly sucks considering I'd love to trade hunts with guys south of the border. All I can trade now is my company and good looks ;)
Thought we already had a deal

If all goes well, border opens end June, then I can go south of the border to fill tags in Wyoming and Montana, and you guys can come shoot some waterfowl!!!

Beautiful big bear.

Barrel height tells the story of how big he is alive, laid out shows how long he is and the tape measure quantifies how large a skull he was carrying.

(PS: Canada uses inches?? I thought you guys were metric)

(PS: Canada uses inches?? I thought you guys were metric)

We use a mix of both but we are taught the metric system in school.

We use the metric system for liquids like gas in liters but for oil or windshield washer fluid we'll use gallons or pints. Distances will be in kilometres but I'll say my height in foot and same with measuring anything other than travel distances. I'll say my weight in lbs but buy my food in kgs. My truck is in Km/hr but the box size is advertised in feet. Etc... you get the point.

Also, we say the outside temps in Celsius but will talk about pool temps in Fahrenheit.

Back