Caribou Gear

2020 late muzzleloader season

We are starting to get more and more bobcats. I’ve never seen a black one though. You live in an area where they are legal to harvest, correct? Would you if given the opportunity?
Yes. I would harvest one, but not until my deer tag was punched. I’m getting down to the wire here.

My dad was back today to hunt again. He just got into muzzleloaders a few years ago and now he’s ate up with them like I am. After a big skillet of venison heart hash and eggs I went to church in the morning so I didn’t meet up with him until the afternoon. I still have a doe tag, but probably won’t harvest anymore deer. I walked about 4 miles through a bunch of downfall and rough terrain. It reminded me of the beetle kill down fall we encountered in Colorado this year. There were a few tracks and beds but I only saw three does, I think he only saw 1. I am ready to switch to ice fishing for panfish now.

Beautiful buck , good luck to your father. Here on the Wisconsin side the deer are still so spooked there is little movement in daylight hours , but tons of fresh tracks every morning.

Beautiful buck , good luck to your father. Here on the Wisconsin side the deer are still so spooked there is little movement in daylight hours , but tons of fresh tracks every morning.
The only time we have been seeing is when it’s been cold and since our last snow forced the deer out in the open to feed. The does come out in the last 15 minutes of shooting light and the bucks are right at or after shooting light.

Nicely done. Congratulations! That's a great buck!

I've been having little in the way of action myself. I really hate this ice crusted snow!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back