Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

2020 Colorado Draw

SilverDollars

Has anyone heard if Colorado has started the draw for the 2020 elk seasons? Anyone had a credit card hit? I'm always chomping at the bit during this time.

All of the drawings have actually been held, no? They just drag it out a few extra weeks to actually hit cards and release them...or maybe I'm wrong?

All of the drawings have actually been held, no? They just drag it out a few extra weeks to actually hit cards and release them...or maybe I'm wrong?
They may or may not be completed. The draw recaps give you an idea of when the draws were completed last year. See screenshot below from the moose recap, indicating that it was completed by May 13. Elk says May 24 and deer says May 22.

Moose.png

Safe to assume June 3 is elk draw result day I would think.
I’ll never make it till then lol. I made my campground reservations last week to a CO state park. I saw the charge on my credit card Yesterday and got all excited for a minute. Didn’t even think it was no where near the right amount haha. Good luck to everyone!

Colorado's second draw as I understand it is for tags that didn't get drawn in the first round? Am I understanding this right?
Correct.

1. First draw
2. Second draw for leftover tags from first draw
3. Leftover day, mostly just tags that didn’t go in the second draw, I think some reissues that occurred in July
4. On going reissues, occurs ad hoc as tags are turned in.

Correct.

1. First draw
2. Second draw for leftover tags from first draw
3. Leftover day, mostly just tags that didn’t go in the second draw, I think some reissues that occurred in July
4. On going reissues, occurs ad hoc as tags are turned in.

Thanks for the information! I had planned on buying an OTC Elk Tag since I am a NR and missed the first draw, but maybe I will put in for the second draw. Either way I am looking forward to hunting in your great state this fall and hope to be a resident in the next 10 years (after my kid graduates HS). Thanks again!

Thanks for the information! I had planned on buying an OTC Elk Tag since I am a NR and missed the first draw, but maybe I will put in for the second draw. Either way I am looking forward to hunting in your great state this fall and hope to be a resident in the next 10 years (after my kid graduates HS). Thanks again!

(y) Typically for areas like the flat tops with tons of tags there are 1st, muzzy, and 4th season tags on the list right up until the season. Nothing wrong with an OTC tag, but you might find a tag on the list that better fits your schedule.

Has anyone heard if Colorado has started the draw for the 2020 elk seasons? Anyone had a credit card hit? I'm always chomping at the bit during this time.

It will be later in the week next week. You can sometimes get an early peak by logging in and looking at your point totals. If it is up 1 from last year bad news, if it is 0 then you drew your first choice. For some reason some years that updates first.

(y) Typically for areas like the flat tops with tons of tags there are 1st, muzzy, and 4th season tags on the list right up until the season. Nothing wrong with an OTC tag, but you might find a tag on the list that better fits your schedule.

I literally have no schedule haha. I was supposed to get married on May 21st but Covid put a stop to that and now I have to wait a year for our new wedding date. On the plus side, the future wife gave me the ok to use my vacation for hunting now instead of a honeymoon which is nice! This is the main reason I was going to go OTC Archery, well that and I didn't put in for a tag here in AZ cause I was supposed to get married. I have a OTC Unit picked out and have been hammering it with e-scouting, I plan on getting up to the unit to get boots on the ground in June. Thanks for the advice!

How does payment for a tag work? I haven't done it on this new system. I usually hunt OTC and leftovers and just get points. This year I actually put in for a tag in the draw that I had more than enough points to draw. If I do draw the tag do they take payment right then and there from the card I have on file or will I be notified that I drew and have x amount of time to pay?

How does payment for a tag work? I haven't done it on this new system. I usually hunt OTC and leftovers and just get points. This year I actually put in for a tag in the draw that I had more than enough points to draw. If I do draw the tag do they take payment right then and there from the card I have on file or will I be notified that I drew and have x amount of time to pay?
They charge your card for the full amount right then and there.

Back