2020 Antelope Hunt in less than 12 days but whose counting?

WyoDoug

I so can not wait for my retirement to be official and go hunting the next day. 24th I hope to find this guy or one like him on my Type I tag. Goal is twice the length of the ears or taller horns. Can't tell for sure, didn't get a side view but looks like he has a broken prong.

antelope2020.jpg

My wife has a type 6 tag that’s been open for a month and we still haven’t been able to get out! Between her on call schedule and all the things associated with our move to WY, we haven’t made the time yet. Hopefully that changes this week! It sure would’ve been nice to have one hanging this week during one of those cold nights!

Good luck and congrats on your retirement.

I’m burning 5 points next fall and heading out for my first goat hunt out there, I can’t wait!

I so can not wait for my retirement to be official and go hunting the next day. 24th I hope to find this guy or one like him on my Type I tag. Goal is twice the length of the ears or taller horns. Can't tell for sure, didn't get a side view but looks like he has a broken prong.

View attachment 153701
When I zoom in it looks like the prong may indeed be there! Guessing maybe the angle of the camera is hiding it. Certainly a nice looking antelope either way.
Think I will be leaving in about 1 week for the Casper area 32. No night driving for these old eyes anymore if I can help it. Will probably drive 10-12 hours on day 1 and 6 or 8 on day 2. Hopefully if weather is good I can get a day or so of scouting before the opener on the 25th.
Congrats again on your retirement and the best of luck on your hunts.
Randy L.

Been out several times archery spot & stalk, which is tough, but seems harder this year with how dry it is, between you can't move quiet and there seems to be less cover, it's hard!

October is month of "rifle revenge" can't wait!

Been out several times archery spot & stalk, which is tough, but seems harder this year with how dry it is, between you can't move quiet and there seems to be less cover, it's hard!

October is month of "rifle revenge" can't wait!
Not having trouble on the ranch I am hunting on. I know where the springs are for one and they have both irrigated land and cow tanks full of water. I am seeing plenty of antelope and pretty sure I will have at least doe shots come next week. Trying for a granddaddy this year just to celebrate my retirement. Normally, I say the hell with that and fill everything with does.

Congrats on the retirement! Good luck on the hunt, too. I would be retired if could figure out the medical coverage as a sub-65er. Until then, am too frugal to pay for a few years of one-off private insurance so am keeping the day job which I really like so is not a burden to work...just not sure how many quality years I have left to deal with mountain ridges and sleeping bags.

I’m excited for my antelope hunt too - in ND I have a tag by Beach . T-16 days

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back