2019 WY Antelope Live Hunt

You're killing me my unit doesn't open till Sept 15th. Great write up keep it coming and congratulations on the success.

Congrats! I struck out and didn’t draw. I get to wait another year but enjoy reading about others adventures

#WYAntelopeHunt2019

Day 2, PM: What an incredible day chasing #antelope in #Wyoming. We all tagged out in 12 hours. Hunting here is an incredible opportunity and I am thankful that I will have more antelope to serve on the table.

Antelope 1: This older doe allowed me to move in to a 200 yard shot without even picking her head up. I thought at first I didn't even hit because she didn't flinch, but then she pirouetted and was done. She wasn't in great condition and the amount of meat seemed low for a doe.

Antelope 2:. When I saw this buck in a group of about 8 does I knew he would be a shooter. One of the better bucks in the unit, I missed my first shot. I was able to move up the hill and offhand put a 200 yard shot on him.

Antelope 3:. This doe was as big as my buck. Another 200 yard shot broadside connected perfectly and she ran about 40 yards. I was able to use some venison diplomacy and gifted the heart to the owner of the place we were camping.

What a blur the day was. Six backstraps; four shots; 3 Wyoming antelope; and a cooler full of prime antelope venison.
20190815_141904.jpg20190815_165026.jpg20190815_124959.jpg20190815_124759.jpg20190815_162137.jpg20190815_171619.jpg

#WYAntelopeHunt2019

Day 3, Epilogue: I did not think this hunt would last just one day. We had 5 booked, so now we head home early and heavy. I think back on the year of planning and taking guys on the first antelope hunt and a few thoughts rise:

1. No matter your prep work, nothing beats boots on the ground. This isn't a new thought, but every trip reminds me of it.
2. Focus on the new guy in your group, not because he needs help but because of how it helps you.
3. Antelope is a great entry into Western hunting.
4. Every place has its own unique character and deserve to be enjoyed on their own merit.
5. If you think you have enough coolers, bring one more.
6. If you are thinking about going, just do it. Never be a better time.

Thanks for following along.

#WYAntelopeHunt2019

Day 3, Epilogue: I did not think this hunt would last just one day. We had 5 booked, so now we head home early and heavy. I think back on the year of planning and taking guys on the first antelope hunt and a few thoughts rise:

1. No matter your prep work, nothing beats boots on the ground. This isn't a new thought, but every trip reminds me of it.
2. Focus on the new guy in your group, not because he needs help but because of how it helps you.
3. Antelope is a great entry into Western hunting.
4. Every place has its own unique character and deserve to be enjoyed on their own merit.
5. If you think you have enough coolers, bring one more.
6. If you are thinking about going, just do it. Never be a better time.

Thanks for following along.

Very awesome. Congrats guys! I'm really hoping to get on my first antelope hunt in the next couple of years. This year and the next are going to be focused on filling an elk tag.

Back