Caribou Gear Tarp

2018 Archery Elk Hunt (video)

B

BuglinDrew

New to the forum this year, so this is a little dated. In 2018, I was working in a fly shop in northern Colorado where the shop manager and several employees were die-hard bowhunters. I had the good fortune of being able to hunt in the morning on my 11-7 shifts, and afternoons on my 7-3 shifts. I was lucky to hunt about 17 days in total that season. One of my buddies working in the shop grew up in Colorado, was one of the fishiest guys I knew, but had never been hunting. He was growing increasingly curious as to why I completely ceased all fishing activities by late August, and wanted to see what this elk hunting thing was all about. I told him that I had a wedding to go to at the end of the week, so September 24th was probably going to be my last day hunting for the season, if he wanted to tag along. Well, that kid is invited along on every elk hunt from here on out, because I took my first archery elk that morning in pretty exciting fashion. Made it to work a couple of hours late that day, and my friend and first-time hunter was able to put together a pretty cool video all filmed off of his phone:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, here's an additional video of my successful 2019 archery elk hunt:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back