Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2017 MT Muley

whiskeydog

Closed out the 2017 season with a post Thanksgiving muley hunt. Day 1 was completely uneventful. Day 2 I wasn't having much luck either other than stumbling on a herd of 40+ cows. I heard them before I saw them and they were talking up a storm...went on for 45 minutes or so with them mewing constantly. Probably had one elk or another talking every 5 seconds for the full time I sat and watched them from 600 yards. I started heading back towards the truck and jumped 4 does out of some trees. I walked a bit further and spotted this guy a bit further down the hill in the trees. Check out his passenger side G2 & G3...does this happen from breaking them off while still in velvet? I've seen plenty of deer with broken tines, but always sharp breaks that I assume happen from fighting in the rut after they are out of velvet...I've never seen one like this before.

2017 deer - 1.jpg

2017 deer - 2.jpg

2017 deer - 3.jpg

Great buck! Glad to see him up closer. We had an “on again off again relationship” for much of the season. Congrats to you for ultimately getting him.

I’d love to meet him and you in person someday. :) You’ve shot some great Muleys is this one getting a euro or mount?

Everything gets the euro...maybe it’s just me, but I like the look. I can’t take the credit though...pops spends LOTS of hours around a boiling pot. Other than the mtn goat...he got the full body.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back