2016 Deer Hunt/Kids First Hunt

Great hunt. Did the girls help with the packout. Thanks for getting them involved. The future of hunting. I hunted for 20 years in Levi's and flannel with an insulated dark blue vest. Did not know cameo was needed.

[QUOTE

What caliber?

thanks for the comments. It is a Sako .223, with 60 grain nosler partitions. I was more worried about recoil and her being accurate with a gun more than anything so have just been having her shoot that to get used to a centerfire. Figured that on a doe, and as long as I didn't let her shoot too far it'd still get the job done.[/QUOTE] IMO a perfect setup for a kid that age and size. With the right bullets, I have no trouble with using the 223 on deer. If my state allowed them, that's what my son would be using next weekend instead of the 30-30.

Good on you! my daughter passed her hunter Safety in May here in Idaho, she doesn't turn 10 till April but she is excited for turkey's and Bear this spring! I cannot wait to share in the fun of the outdoors and hunting with my daughter, congrats and well done!
Matt

Back