MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2016 Deer Hunt/Kids First Hunt

Great hunt. Did the girls help with the packout. Thanks for getting them involved. The future of hunting. I hunted for 20 years in Levi's and flannel with an insulated dark blue vest. Did not know cameo was needed.

[QUOTE

What caliber?

thanks for the comments. It is a Sako .223, with 60 grain nosler partitions. I was more worried about recoil and her being accurate with a gun more than anything so have just been having her shoot that to get used to a centerfire. Figured that on a doe, and as long as I didn't let her shoot too far it'd still get the job done.[/QUOTE] IMO a perfect setup for a kid that age and size. With the right bullets, I have no trouble with using the 223 on deer. If my state allowed them, that's what my son would be using next weekend instead of the 30-30.

Good on you! my daughter passed her hunter Safety in May here in Idaho, she doesn't turn 10 till April but she is excited for turkey's and Bear this spring! I cannot wait to share in the fun of the outdoors and hunting with my daughter, congrats and well done!
Matt

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back