Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2014 Wyoming Mountain Goat Hunt!

This really is a great story and having spent quite a bit of time in the areas mentioned, can appreciate how tough the hunt was.

I occasionally pull this thread back up and re-read it, just for the pleasure of how it was told. Nathan did an amazing job capturing the story of his hunt. For any newer folks who have not read this story since it was posted five years ago, I can assure you it is a good use of your time.

Thanks for the compliment Randy! I really enjoy documenting these once in a lifetime type hunts because you don't have to worry about giving up a secret spot because you aren't ever going to be hunting the tag ever again.

I don't have to go back and read the thread, I still remember it pretty well. I do get to look over on the wall and see him every day now though.

mountain goat angle by naathan2, on Flickr

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to mention how much I also enjoyed reading through it. Thanks for taking the time to write it up!

The book, "A Beast the Color of Winter" by Chadwick was recommended somewhere in here or in a similar thread. That, too, was well worth the time to read. I didn't want to set the book down...

I love it when people take full advantage of those rare big 3 tags and chronicle the whole adventure. Thanks for sharing your story @npaden I hope if I ever draw a goat tag that I will take the time to tell the whole story.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back