Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2014 DIY public land- not France

Great white buffalo

Where to start? I do not intentionally look for deer, unfortunately my closed mind is constantly focused on elk. My archery (14 days) season was quite eventful, a lot of elk with no opportunities as well as calling in one grizzly bear after another. We (me and my fiancé) decided to hunt a drainage yesterday afternoon through evening that we found yesterday morning on google earth. Since the end of elk rut I haven't been able to connect with animal that was legal besides a wolf to far to poke at. As usual every where I hunt is roadless and under the radar. After hiked 4 miles only seeing does while enjoying the 10 degree temperatures and snow we headed to the truck. We came out on the timberline, and I saw does again so we waited. After my best attempt to be patient this buck chased 20 does down the mountain side. He gave me the opportunity to connect at 250ish yds. My biggest Muley yet, he's really not that big.... But more importantly the experience that was shared between me and my better half is a memory that will never be forgotten. Unfortunately the whole plan was for her to put that buck on the ground but she is not comfortable shooting past 150. I could not be more thankful for experience and advice two good friends of mine have given me about hunting in general and if your reading this you know who you are. Thank god for public land.image.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see things come together for you, and even better that the Mrs. is enjoying it with you. Good job!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back