Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2011 WY Antelope and Muley Trip

mconway951

took my cousin to WY this year to chase antelope and mule deer. He has never gotten a big game animal of any kind so it was his hunt and i was there to fill my tags if i had time after we got his animals. We got leftover tags for a zone just outside of Cheyenne not known for big animals or public land. We drove all night from MN to WY pulled into the public land that i had picked out on google earth and got started. We got into antelope right away just couldnt close the deal at the first spot we were at.

Pic is of sunrise on first morning in WY as we got set

Attachments

• hunttalk.jpg
    hunttalk.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Second spot we went was walk in area watched a buck get run off from a heard across road and come on to the public so we started our stalk. We dogged this antelope for 2 and a half miles before my cousin could close the deal his first big game animal was in the books we got him back to the truck around 10 pm it was a beautiful night under the stars to work on an animal. We then headed out to meet the landowner i had gotten in touch with from WY GandF who was gracious enough to let us hunt on his land, and was an all around great guy let us use his bathroom shed for cleaning deer and came out with four wheeler to get the deer. Second night there my cousin was able to connect with a nice mule deer.

Attachments

• huntralk2.jpg
    huntralk2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 579
  • hunttalk3.jpg
    hunttalk3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 583
The mule deer land was some beautiful canyon land that held a lot of deer.We only got 3 days to hunt the land and on last morning i took a small buck to fill the freezer with for my girls and I. The next day we went out in search of my antelope. Spotted him round 8 am and started the stalk as we were working around some knolls in the terrain his does worked there way up a knoll of their own and pinned us down in the middle of the prarie so after an hour of pretendeing we were sage bursh we belly crawled out several hundred yds to make a new plan. Halfway through that stalk we realized we couldnt get there from here. Then got into a dried up creek bed and started out move after 4 hours we closed to within 150 yds and got set up he never saw us at all. He has a pretty cool kicker point on his right horn that i thought was neat.

Attachments

• hunttalk4.jpg
    hunttalk4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 548
  • hunttalk5.jpg
    hunttalk5.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 571
(Only the older folks on HuntTalk will get this one...) Patty Duke called, she is thinking of suing you cousins for posing as "Identical cousins".

Looks by the smiles that a great time was had by both men. Love to hear about gracious land owners. Hope you send him some photos and a nice thank you note, and maybe a little something at Christmas.

Great story and hunt, Conway. Good job on getting your cousin on his bucks. Congrats to both of you.

I got my euro mount back awhile ago from the taxidermist but just getting around to posting it up i think it turned out great.

Attachments

• euro.jpg
    euro.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 384
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back