2011 Crab Fishing

Oh yeah, that half day and night we spent tied up in Alitak wasn't a complete waiste either. There was a smaller boat there that had been weathered in for a few days and was out of food and bait. We were done fishing so we gave them a 1,000 lbs of herring, along with a few packages of lunch meat, some venison burger and couple loaves of bread.
They traded us the opportunity to go pull their subsistence crab pot out in the bay (we are allowed 3 king crab a year on our subsistence license). We each took one of these home with us for the wives. And no, that isn't photoshop, they are resting on my chest and really are that big.
Can you say BONUS!!
P1010467.jpg

Holy poop!! Those things look like something that belongs in a Alfred Hitchcock movie! Looks like good times and congrats on the daughter. Mine is now 11, but I still see here like the pics above.

Do the crabs taste the same when they get that large, or start to taste different?

Awesome pics TB! Both your daughter and the trophy crab are worth taking some pride in.

Watch the placement of those bottom legs on the king crab though; they could prevent your future production of cute little girls in a hurry!

Holy poop!! Those things look like something that belongs in a Alfred Hitchcock movie! Looks like good times and congrats on the daughter. Mine is now 11, but I still see here like the pics above.

Do the crabs taste the same when they get that large, or start to taste different?

I actually can't eat a lot of crab, small allergic reaction that makes me sick if I eat more than about half a tanner crab or a few bites of king crab. My wife made up the smallest leg of one of those kings and she had it for dinner Wednesday night and Thursday night, I tried a few bites and it tastes the same. Age wise the big guy is 14-15 years old and about as big as they get, the other one is 12-13.
You can't see the claws on those things, but they are as big as my hand.

Holy smokes those have got to be the biggest crab i have ever seen!!!! Congrats an another successful season and even more so on the family!!!

Way cool!!! Congrats all the way around! I would almost pay to give that a try just to say I did it.

Once again TB, another amazing picture filled post from Kodiak. Congratulations on the addition to your family, I'm starting to feel really old, guys on here starting and still adding to their families :).

Keep the pictures and stories coming,

--Bill

TB, that is one BEAUTIFUL looking little girl you have yourself there. I assume her mom must be quite the looker. ;)

My youngest is a girl and one thing I can tell you for sure, they will have you doing all sorts of things you never dreamt of doing. Nothing beats Daddy's Girl. Enjoy your time with her as they grow up WAY too fast.

As for the crab...yum yum!

Wow cool story.
Congrats on the girl. I have a new boy.

I hope my keyboard still works with all the drool.
Crabs, I love Crabs!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back