Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2010 Kansas Hunt

farmboy55

My buddies and I are planning a 2010 Kansas Whitetail hunt. Being from VT, I need all of the help that I can find in gathering info.

I have been online and found out that there were, as of 7/20/2009, over 4,500 unused non-resident deer tags left for sale in Kansas. Seeing that, I am hopeful that all 5 of us will be able to draw tags in 2010.

My questions:

1} Which DMU's containing WIHA's and public lands would anyone recommend that we try and draw for?
2} Where in the State are the best places to try and plan an OYOA hunt?
3} Are there many places where we can rent cabins or even a house or a condo for a week in those areas?

Thank you,

Farmboy55

There is some public land. OYOA episode #10 has some info on North East Kansas and the program that Kansas has on gaining access to some private land. Stay tuned.

I have also left you a PM with more info.

Are you looking at any area in particular?

There are a lot of good WIHA areas as well as some real nice Public Wildlife areas. The WIHA maps normally come out in late August or early September. You can usually look at the previous years maps as a good indicator but don't bank on any area until the new maps are out.

The eastern half of the state has the best population but quality whitetails are found throughout the state.

Send me a PM if you have any specifics.

I have a fear that federal funding is going to be pulled for the WIHA program which will drastically change the scene for OYOA here in Kansas.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back