2006 Whitetail

WestND

Killed this one Monday at 10:30am.....Breeding just got going good up here as of this week. The bucks are getting careless now...... This buck has 18" of mass per side/ 10" g2's 9-9.5" g3's. Spotted him, then waited for him to lay down. Him and the doe layed down along a fencline.......so I crawled down the fenceline , got about 40 yards from him before I could finally see his antlers............ could have held out for a better one, but you know how that goes, may have hunted 5 more days and found nothing much better. Only got to hunt for 3 hours .........Looks like Mama's got another one for the wall!

Hopefully this pic is not full size......

Attachments

• 100_0819.jpg
    100_0819.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 253
Yikes...Hold out for a better one ?!?!?:eek: With those measurements, he's gotta go around 160 gross !! GREAT BUCK...congrats man....and I love the sneak up as he was bedded, that's always a blast !!

i would of held out for a better one.
congrats on the meat buck.

Thanks guys, yes he has a forked G2.....the fork is a tidge over 6". There's always 'what ifs' but it would have been awesome if his other side would have forked too......:) IMINRUT, He scored 152 and some change.....reason he isn't better is his mainbeams are short (under 21) his inside spread is barely 16" and his G4's are short (averaging like 3.5") and browtines are short (3.5 ") as well. I thought he might crack 155 but hey, only 2.5 inches less than I guessed him..... Sorry about the CRAP photo, I didn't have anyone to help me take pictures in the field the day I shot him so these pics were taken the next day .

WND

Great buck. There would be no questioning that buck if he stepped in front of me. Congrats on a nice sneak and a great conclusion.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back