Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2006 bull elk

WHT_MTNMAN

2006bullelk.jpg

I felt a little pressure (I put it on myself) to shoot a good bull having waited for 10 years for a tag here in Az. The year I manage to get drawn I am in dental school, and my time to hunt is short, so that makes the stress worse. ( I kept telling myself just to have fun, but I had waited a long time) I spent 20 days scouting during July-Sept. (weekends) and had a few good bulls picked out. I messed up a stalk on a big bull opening morning i had videod and then proceded to miss a giant bull that evening. Got short video of him. On the second day made a few stalks and called in a bunch of small bulls and then shot this bull at 7 yards at 4:45pm. He is far from the biggest bull I found but I made the decision to shoot and did not regret it, I'm completely happy. He is a smaller than the pics show, thanks again to my photographer :D
Anyway here is video and pictures. It looks like I waited too long to shoot but who cares. He went about 100 yards and fell over.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v236/khdavis/?action=view&current=2006killshot.flv

2006bullelk.jpg

2006bullelk1.jpg

Nice looking Elk. Any bull with a bow is something to be proud of, and that's a great one.

:cool:

Shmalts- eastern Az whitemountains.

MarvB-I don't know, I thought he was 350ish when I let the arrow fly but I think he will barely make 340. I'm not too worried about that, he'll look good on the wall. :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back