Caribou Gear Tarp

2004 Coyote Season

yoteler

Bagged my fourth coyote this season. First coyote called in at night to with in 60 yards using my good old Johnny Stewart caller with a Fox and cottontail fight the 223 never missed a beat. The next 2 I shot wear taking with hounds In the same day. I run Trigg/Walker cross hounds.It is awsome watching and listening to your hounds work the yote there's nothing like it. My fourth yote was last night, agian Mr. Stewart was to thank for this one.

Lets keep up the story's, and good hunting

Sounds like you are getting your season kicked off in high gear Yoteler. How do you get in position to shoot the coyotes when your hounds are running them?
wink.gif

Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-10-2004 17:41: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Doug
Once we freecast the hounds and they jump a coyote we set guys up on all there likely crossing (or should I say the crossing we think they are going to you never can tell with a yote)The people that usally hunt with me don't have hounds so I put them on the out sides of the piece I am running. Myself I am in the center, with the hounds where the action is. The coyotes usally stay about 75 to a 100 yrds in front of the dogs, and when the yote loops back I am usally in a pretty good position. I went out last night after work for a few hours and did some locating, got some response's but was unable to bring'em in, hopefully to night is a success no work on Monday so I will be out all night.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back