2004 Antelope Bucks

berto

I finally got some pics developed and scanned. Looks like the scanning quality was poor but you'll get the idea.

AAntelope.jpg

on opening day of the antelope rifle season i took my 11-inch buck with my 6 year old daughter by my side. she was in on the sneak, the "fast-walk" toward the herd as they spooked and "j-hooked" right into us thanks to the cattle you can see in the background. as soon as the herd j-hooked toward us i told my daughter to sit down behind me and !boom! it was all over from 200 yards. my daughter had a great time and i hope to bring her along next time i draw a tag.

JAntelope.jpg

on the last day of the rifle season i guided my wife into her first big game animal, a 10.5-inch lope. It took half a day to even find a buck that still had horns, but we did find one and made a good sneak on it. my wife even made the last 15 feet of the sneak on her own and took her buck with one shot through the heart at about 200 yards, i was really impressed! she told me after we walked up to her buck and snapped some pics that the hunt was really fun, and she even field dressed it herself. of course, i saved her the pain in the neck of dragging an antelope with really loose horns since there isn't much else to hold onto by throwing it over my shoulders and hiking back to the car :). too bad the camera had some issues, but we salvaged a couple photos anyway :rolleyes:. i am hopeful she'll want to continue to apply and chase lopes in the future if we are fortunate enough to draw tags.

Nice antelope, good familly fun you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can have buzz score them for you and they will all make Boone

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back