Yeti GOBOX Collection

2 hour Nevada Archery Antelope

backcountry_sassn

My dad had the stars align today. This year he drew a cow archery tag, and an archery deer tag in the same unit (also the same unit as my rifle antelope tag). He also got an archery antelope tag in an adjoining unit. He’s pretty young for a guy who just turned 60 and is obsessed with wake surfing (surfing behind a boat with no rope). Because his antelope and cow tags are during the same time, and with my nephews only chance to archery hint for his deer tag, time was short. To add to it, this weekend is the last weekend the boat ramps will be open at the local lake because of the low water levels from the lack of rain and snow pack. So he pretty much canceled out his antelope hunt.

He left earlier this week with a cousin of his to do some backcountry deer hunting. He had a few good stalks but they didn’t work out. Since tomorrow is his last chance to wake surf for the year, the headed off the mountain around noon. On the way home, my dads cousin mentioned that they should drive through his antelope unit on the way home. That’s where the stars aligned. After not being in the unit long, they saw a few bucks out in a flat. My dad hurried down a wash, out of sight and was able to get 50 yards from the group. Buck down!!!!
FF415957-700E-4D56-9574-AA3B2A2B3856.jpeg

We are meeting up Wednesday around noon for my antelope hunt. His deer hunt will still be going so he’s bringing his bow as well. Hopefully he still has some of that luck hanging around!

Fantastic!! Thank you for sharing the experience! I would say “good luck“ on the remainder of your dad’s hunts, but he already appears to be a lucky so and so! 😉

That’s one cool 😎 story and awesome pronghorn buck. The smile says it all. Congratulations and good luck 🍀 the rest of the season. I myself can’t wait to go on my first pronghorn hunt, hopefully next year. Would love to combo it with a mule deer 🦌 hunt since I live in West Virginia and can possibly come west once a year.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back