Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2 Dead Washington Turkeys

kirkl

Yep, we got 2 this weekend, I got a jake and my cousin got a 2 year old with a 5 inch beard. On my turkey, we called into a canyon and heard what sounded like 5 or 6 gobbles so we work down the hill towards them calling every once in a while and they would gobble right back so we finally set up with my cousin calling for me since he had his bird so we worked these birds for a hour since they were taking there time coming in so they eventually get to us except they sneak in behind us up the hill about 25 yards. I had two big stumps behind me so they couldnt see me so i take off my turkey vest and peak around one stump and theres a jake eyeing the decoys so i poke my gun around the stump and drop him. There was 5 jakes and 1 tom in the group. I couldnt see the tom or I would of shot him. At the shot they all gobbled which was cool. Pics to follow, have to get them off the digital camera.

Congrats to ya Kirk,sounds like a great weekend of hunting.Where were you guys at?Were you in the area you talked about or were they somewhere else?
I think we are heading down to the Goldendale area next weekend so Cameron can get a Merriam,hopefully.

Kraven, I think we were but not positive. Saturday they were tight lipped, heard one gobbling in the morning then didnt hear one the rest of the day. We should of had two opening day, we had our guns pointing the way we thought they were going to fly down from the roost and they ended up walking in straight in front of us and didnt like something and took off down the hill.

We called just a couple spots but didnt get no response, We talked to 3 guys, we didnt tell them we got birds, keeping it hush hush but they said theres a spot out there where there taking a bird a day out of there, they didnt know where it was. We didnt see one hen. wish I could by another tag for this area, gonna have to try to find a spot in goldendale and buy another tag.

Great stories and way to go on the turkey wackin....

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back