2$ Bill

Everytime we recycle scrap metal or batteries we get them.

Why do scrap yards always seem to have em?

I exchange em out with a couple bucks and keep em.

Haven't seen one in a long time. My alma mater had a tradition where fans traveling to the football bowl game would get a bunch, stamp them with a tiger paw logo, and spend them while in town for the bowl. Don't know if that's still a thing or not...but if you come across one with an orange tiger paw, that's why.

One of my buddies used to hand them out to friends around the holidays as was his old family tradition. Still have mine in tatters in my wallet.

I believe you can still buy stacks of them cut or in uncut sheets from the treasury department if you had a strong desire to get some back into circulation.

Edit: I’m a dope, it’s the US Mint that sells these types of things.

Last edited:
I had probably 60 of these I got as a kid for holidays. Just cashed them all in a few months ago along with all my .50 pieces, silver dollars, and other coins. One less thing.

I was at the bank today and a fellow next to me asked for $2 bills but they told him he needs to make an appointment for that....

I got one in change last year, I got a couple of 50 cent pieces in change not long ago. They always remind me of my grandpa, he usually carried one, mebbie it was a "lucky piece."

I’ve got a couple around.

I remember spending one at a restaurant when I was in high school. The cashier handed it back and accused me of using fake money. It took the supervisor to confirm it was real

I have a couple my grandfather gave me that stay tucked away.

My kids (3&5) did a lemonade stand on the 4th and someone paid with one. Which certainly raised an eyebrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back