2$ Bill

I've got one pinned to the was next to me that came in my wallet as a christmas gift from my uncle.

I went to Canada a few years back skiing with a buddy who was working at a bank at the time. I was saying how practical the $2 coins were, since you usually can't buy anything for $1 anymore. I must have over emphasized it, because after the trip, instead of Venmo-ing me for hotels, gas etc., He brought be an envelope full of $2 bills. Almost $500 to be exact. Now I like to mix them in with my coffee or brewery tabs, just to watch the cashier try to figure out where to put them in the till. At a WSF banquet, I paid for the $20 bottomless glass with 10 of them. Blew the guy's mind, and he wouldn't stop bringing it up the rest of the night.

Apparently, banks still have them in good quantities, you just have to ask, or have a buddy there that enjoys a good joke.

Attachments

• $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 8
they are definitely not rare; they are still being printed and i think i read somewhere that there was 75million printed last year alone. I know of a bar that gives you all your change in 2 dollar bills & 50 cent coins

Got a few of them. Also have a couple one and two dollar bills of Canadian money.

We have an old $2 bill that gets held by the winning team of our Morra game each year at trout camp. That thing is basically turning to dust. I have several from my grandpa as well.

My grandpa made a career out of the navy, when they were living in charleston the civilian population started a big movement to get the naval base moved somewhere else because they felt like it was hurting their "image". For six months the paymaster paid every sailor, airman, and marine in $2 bills. Before long, you couldn't get your exact change at the store because nearly all of the folding money in the city was $2 bills. Needless to say, the good people of Charleston decided maybe the base wasn't all bad.

Neat little story for your thursday.

I haven't been there for a while, but there is a convenience store in Gold Beach Or. that use to give out 2-dollar bills for change all the time. People would shop there just to get them. I had a few, but they burned up in the fire. I don't know if they still give them out, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Portland metro used to have a sporting goods outfit called G.I. Joe's that sold fishing, hunting, ski gear, etc. The department managers actually used the items so was a great place to shop if you were not quite sure what to use for steelhead or were getting first pair of skis, etc. Then the outfit was bought by an investment group and went cheap on the products and let all the seasoned staff go to save labor costs and now there is no G.I. Joe's. But, they always gave out $2 bills at every location rather than a couple of $1s.

Our local transit outfit decided to load their ticket kiosks with $1 Susan B. Anthony coins. Put in a $20 bill for a $2 pass and here come 18 coins. Keep it weird, Portland.

I have several.
The one in my wallet I've had since the day I signed up for the Navy,1974. My mom gave it to me that day so I could make a call if I needed.
One of my other alias'...Jefferson.

My grandad gave me couple to keep in my wallet when I was young, I still have them in my wallet, but he's gone. He always carried one for a similar reason, his mom told him to in case of emergency. He also gave me a couple uncut sheets, those are cool.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back