PEAX Equipment

1st Walleye meal.

hank4elk

Pretty funny I was a fishmonger at one time and until last week had never eaten walleye. Eaten most everything there is in the Pacific and west coast. Lot's of crab cakes & such around DC. Gulf shrimp fresh too.
Good stuff. LA corn meal & butter in a skillet.
My buddy from WI brings me treats when he comes out for elk & antelope. He is a tourney guy now and done well. Told me took him til last year to get in the 30" club.....his daughter took up fishing and still learning to tow her boat,lol. Her and her BF went last week,my buddy took her boat up for her...and she lands a 30" her 1st time out. LOL

Some people just have that horseshoe luck. I've been fishing Canada for 15 years, and biggest walleye is 29.5!

I also consider myself an avid and generally successful fisherman and have never tried walleye. Or pike. 🤔

I also consider myself an avid and generally successful fisherman and have never tried walleye. Or pike. 🤔
Definitely worth it. It's all I have ever grown up with. Highly recommend looking up how to "y bone" a pike before fileting. Good teaches you how to filet without getting any bones.

Good to know thanks! Any techniques for walleye?? I’ve been told chartreuse twisty tailed grubs and jigs with a bead-head but haven’t had luck myself.

Good to know thanks! Any techniques for walleye?? I’ve been told chartreuse twisty tailed grubs and jigs with a bead-head but haven’t had luck myself.
The time of year... I generally fish 25-40 ft of water this time of year running deep cranks, anywhere from 2-3 mph. I use Rapala Deep Tail Dancer 11. Also Salmo Freedivers. They make a 30 and 40 ft crank. I've never had make or break colors.. I always try to match what they are foraging on. Perch colors seem overall the best.

The time of year... I generally fish 25-40 ft of water this time of year running deep cranks, anywhere from 2-3 mph. I use Rapala Deep Tail Dancer 11. Also Salmo Freedivers. They make a 30 and 40 ft crank. I've never had make or break colors.. I always try to match what they are foraging on. Perch colors seem overall the best.
Good looking out. I don’t own a boat so I’m fishing from shore, mainly looking for vegetation or sharp drop offs, channels, etc. I need to get out and do some fishin this weekend.. 🤔

I miss walleye. I used to eat them alot when I lived in Minnesota, but they are tougher to get on here. Fun fish!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back