Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

1st Traditional gear big game kill

T Bone

After of 25 years of wheelie bows, I picked up a recurve again.

With 20 yards maximum range, I sat in a crossing area. A group of 8 does and 1 dink buck showed up on schedule but were out at 30 yards. When they crossed my scent cone, the herd scattered and this one ended up 15 yards away, quartering away.

It happened so fast that the practice instincts took over and the cedar arrow was on its way. She ran 50 yards, wobbled and laid down in sight. 5 minutes later I put my tag on her with a big old grin on my face.

Nothing but a little whitetail doe, but it was a rush. The penetration on these slow, heavy arrows is unreal. The exit crunched the off-side shoulder blade and blew right through her.

Bow is an old Ben Pearson 55 lb, arrows are cedar topped with a Magnus 150 grain 2 blade.

Apologies for the poor photo, didn't take the camera with me to the field.

100_5793.jpg

WOW.. like the Drag marks and looks like it was SHot behind a Fence.. a Cedar fence. Gesh.......

Congrats on the deer !!!!

Hey congrats T! Nothing like getting back to the stick and string for some tastey treats in the freezer...SD is being good to you- Reno was underwater!

Nice work Tyson. No shortage of whiteys over there, but looks like that may change with the new guy in town. congrats....

THAT IS COOL!

I have not gotten good enough to take mine hunting yet.
(maybe I'm just chicken :D )
Since I'm teaching my boy It may not be too much longer though

I bet that was an awesome feeling!
Congrats!

Always glad to see some one come back to shooting traditional.......anything killed with a traditional bow is a trophy. Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back