1st hike with my daughter.

jore07

Though she isn't old enough to actually hike around I loaded her up in this child carrier pack we bought a while back. We've had her in it before and she loves it. She usually cries when we take her out to leave.

Anyway we (my wife and I) took her out to a family friend’s land where he lets me hunt occasionally and hike around to get in shape for the upcoming seasons. We loaded up all the kids stuff in the bottom of the pack under the seat portion and then a water pouch that goes between the child and frame portion of the back.

We walked maybe 2 miles but had to cut it short after a couple close encounters with rattlesnakes (I’m not much of a snake guy anyway). We did see a few deer but that was about it. We got out a bit late because a little someone just had to sleep in. Just thought I'd share with like-minded people. Here are a few pictures of our outing.

Attachments

• lola, eric hike resize.jpg
    lola, eric hike resize.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 305
  • looki at cows (resize).jpg
    looki at cows (resize).jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 299
  • deer (resize).jpg
    deer (resize).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 300
Glad to see the pack is working out. Mine loaded is a little over 40 pounds, makes a great trainer and my daughter still loves the ride.

Thanks guys, its fun for her and I. That first photo is the my new favorite.

6speed - Yeah I'd say mine was about 35 or better with her and all her stuff plus the water pack. It packed great. I was pretty impressed.

Funny...now that's training with extra weight and family time !

My son is 4 months old and I can't wait to do the same with him in a few weeks here. Maybe that makes me a sap, but these are awesome pics and you daughter looks like a great kiddo. Great job getting her out there. We all know how important an apprecation of the outdoors is and by doing stuff like this you're ensuring she'll grow up with that same understanding. It's really cool.

Looks like a good time was had by all, way to get things started!

Beautiful country!

I took my kids to the Little Bighorn Battlefield this summer, is that close to where you were, looks similar?

Yeah somewhat we were out around the ballantine / fly creek area. I know a guy out there lets me come out every now and then.

Back