Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

1ST Elk hunt

JBernardy

I am new to hunting, about 4 years now. I am taking pops on our first elk hunt ever, headed to CO. I have scouted as much as I can from Fort Hood and selected unit 55. I am wondering if anyone has tips on locations. I am looking to keep away from people as much as possible but not kill pops with terrain at the same time. We will be hunting second season rifle. Any info helps, thank you.

I am wondering if anyone has tips on locations.
How about some GPS coordinates for all your honey holes from the 4 years you've been hunting? Except, don't bother unless these are on public land where an OTC NR license can be obtained for us to come have some success where you've had success.

I am new to hunting, about 4 years now. I am taking pops on our first elk hunt ever, headed to CO. I have scouted as much as I can from Fort Hood and selected unit 55. I am wondering if anyone has tips on locations. I am looking to keep away from people as much as possible but not kill pops with terrain at the same time. We will be hunting second season rifle. Any info helps, thank you.
First post?...Give tips and locations it's taken some of us years to aquire!
No problem.Hunt on the sunny side of a cloudy hill in the rain during a drought.
Then hunt the south side of a north slope and bugle for Elk during the deer rut.
Welcome to the forum...:cool:

Welcome to hunt talk. Start researching past threads on this site for information, and I strongly suggest ONX and google earth. You will have to help yourself on specific location in a particular unit.

As you can tell you hit a sore spot with some folks. Which is not how you should probably be welcomed. Unfortunately, we see hundreds of post just like your every season and the folks are never heard from again after helping them. So....

Welcome to HT. Randy has quite a few videos on his you tube channel that can help. Do all of your research, to include the search function here. Talk to the Warden and/or Biologist for that region with researched questions. Then, if you have specific questions about a road/drainage or want your plan validated please post if some one is available via PM to help. This will get you way further than asking generic questions in your first post.

There are some great folks here than can definitely point you in the right direction if you have done your homework.

I hope you have a enjoyable hunt.

How about some GPS coordinates for all your honey holes from the 4 years you've been hunting? Except, don't bother unless these are on public land where an OTC NR license can be obtained for us to come have some success where you've had success.
Thanks for the smartass response guy, sure did help me out. Next time feel free to bite your tongue and keep the shit to yourself. Thanks

First post?...Give tips and locations it's taken some of us years to aquire!
No problem.Hunt on the sunny side of a cloudy hill in the rain during a drought.
Then hunt the south side of a north slope and bugle for Elk during the deer rut.
Welcome to the forum...:cool:
Damn you got jokes too, should be a comedian.

Hey, @JBernardy, I’ve never hunted GMU 55 before, but there are elk there, of course. Check out the Colorado Hunting Atlas on the CPW website. Filter for elk summer concentration areas and migratory routes. That’ll give you a good idea where you should look. If it’s warm and dry, the elk will be very high in that unit, most likely. If the weather is ugly with snow on the ground then you may see some elk movement in those migratory corridors. Good luck and have fun with your dad.

Try starting over.We mean no harm...Much.
If your gonna stick then let's show your Moxy. Stick with the program
and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hey, @JBernardy, I’ve never hunted GMU 55 before, but there are elk there, of course. Check out the Colorado Hunting Atlas on the CPW website. Filter for elk summer concentration areas and migratory routes. That’ll give you a good idea where you should look. If it’s warm and dry, the elk will be very high in that unit, most likely. If the weather is ugly with snow on the ground then you may see some elk movement in those migratory corridors. Good luck and have fun with your dad.
Thank you for the advice, I will look into it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back