1st Archery Antelope Hunt

Summitthunting

Headed out to eastern Colorado in a month for my first archery antelope hunt. I knocked on doors and really lucked out and have roughly 8,000 acres to myself. Scouted it briefly and was planning on sitting a water hole a few days with my son, then spot and stalk if that dose not pan out. I have a Rhino Rut and Strut blind, the bows shooting a 415gr arrow at 266fps, using 100gr muzzy 3 blades or 100gr NAP shockwaves. What do you think of my setup. Can I go without the shoot thru netting on the blind(so I can shoot the mechanicals). How close do you set up to a water tank? Any and all advise would be appreciated.

I'd be withing 10 or so yards of the water to leave yourself about a 30 yard shot on average. Your set up should have no problem shooting through the mesh on the blind. If you leave the wondows out of the blind when you set it up, then the antelope shoudl get used to it, just be sure to black yourself out inside of it when you hunt it.

Bow set up is fine. Leave windows open. Just be sure to secure the window flaps so they don't move an inch. More than a 20 yard shot is where you should set the blind. Like John said...wear black. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back