Last Chance Archery Antelope

So let's just say this antelope season has been extremely trying. I've only been out two and a half days. Day one of my hunt I learned what heat exhaustion is (must of been 110 in the blind and I wasn't drinking enough) so I called it early day two when I was still feeling woozy. I got back out there this past Tuesday (much cooler) and had my fair share of chances. I'm not in the best headspace since I blew all those chances (I missed shots that I've made dozens of times), so I'm taking a week to get my head where it needs to be.

I've never hunted the last week of the antelope season, but since I'm buying access on private, I figured it's still worth a shot. Also, here in CO, I'll have ten days after antelope season to try to fill my muley tag, so for now the antelope tag takes priority.

Temps are going to be much cooler, so I'm wondering what you guys think would be useful tactics. Should I try decoying them in or should I try to sit water (even though its going to be cooler). Spot and stalk without a decoy might be impossible since the grass isn't all that tall this year.

Maybe try the waterhole setup again a few days since you were seeing them there before. If they aren't coming in you'll know and can switch it up

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back