Totally turned off to Yellowstone, but 1883 so far has been great and reasonably historically accurate. However the 4 year old shooting his first deer with a scoped (actually correct looked like a Montana Vintage arms setup) with a rifle likely chambered for a 45-70 type round was a bit over the top!

Reactions: OMB
I still have never even watched a single episode of Yellowstone, And I’m guessing whoever is directing 1883 is counting on 90% of the people watching that show don’t have a clue what’s accurate when it comes to a four year old shooting a deer 🦌. I may at some point get around to watching some Yellowstone but then again who knows , seems like most of the time I start binge watching these long series dramas I never make it to the finish line and end up watching something else before I finish it. And never get back to them

Totally turned off to Yellowstone, but 1883 so far has been great and reasonably historically accurate. However the 4 year old shooting his first deer with a scoped (actually correct looked like a Montana Vintage arms setup) with a rifle likely chambered for a 45-70 type round was a bit over the top!
Agreed! But good watch for sure that 1883

So far I like 1883, I forgive the inaccuracies and just watch the story . Having a deep respect for the Oregon trail and those who braved it , I hope they tell a good story. Love Sam Elliot but feel he would be a little long in the tooth for such a trip.

Started watching Yellowstone recently and am only on Season 2. Kinda hit and miss right now which normally if I get into something I will binge watch the whole thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back